Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ok, so here is the oil self portrait in progress.



I do like how rainbow-rific this painting has turned into...instead of blending exact colors I have been adding in greens, blues, purples, oranges and pinks! Here are some close up's of parts of the painting so you can see what I mean!



Hair!


Cheek!

The right eye is frustrating me to no end! I've done it 3 times so far and haven't been happy with the results...so I am taking a break and focusing on the other portrait and research paper I have due tomorrow!

4 comments:

Meagan Peavler said...

BEAUTIFUL! Did you do the picture of Sean and Chloe at their reception?

Lee S. said...

Thanks...I didn't paint that one. I believe that was Sean's grandfather who did.

Melissa said...

Hi! It's Melissa..Landon pointed your art blog out and I've been stalking! Muahaha!

I have never been able to wrap my head around oils so your awesomeness is just ten-fold in my eyes. The colors are fantastic!

Amy said...

I love the oil painting/self portrait!! Seriously way cool!!! Keep it coming Lee I love it!!!