Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pinterest Project | Pumpkin Crunch Granola

Are you as obsessed with Pinterest as I am?  I spend at least a couple hours over the course of a week pinning treats, ideas, projects and inspiration ideas. 
This last weekend it was all about Christmas.
 
I pinned this recipe a couple of weeks ago and tried it out last night.  Oh, it is so delicious that I had to share!  I made some modifications and have included the recipe below.  It's a yummy, thanksgivingish, treat that's perfect for snacking, adding crunch to your yogurt or just a bowl of it with a little coconut milk!

 
Pumpkin Crunch Granola
 
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbs. ground flax seed *optional
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
 
3 cups oats *I used quick oats
1 cup chopped nuts *I used pecans
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a cookie sheet with oil.
Mix pumpkin, syrup, vanilla, egg, sugar, spices and ground flax together in a large bowl.
Add oats and nuts and stir until well coated.
Spread evenly on baking sheet.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until dark brown.  Stir every 15 minutes or so.
Let cool completely on cookie sheet before storing in an airtight container.
 
My apartment was filled with the best smell as this cooked!   It caused both of my roomies to venture out from their rooms to see what smelled so delish! I think the next batch I will throw in some unsweetened coconut flakes and maybe some mini chocolate chips after baking.
 
Enjoy!
 
 

1 comment:

Staci T said...

Looks fantastic! I love homemade granola!